How to Write an Article Review – Step by Step Guide
If you don’t know how to write an article review or find it confusing, then there is nothing to be ashamed of.
EssayLessons has put together a guide that can help you create an article review sample without much hassle.
In this guide, you are going to find out the steps involved in writing an article review in detail.
What Is an Article Review?
In layman’s terms, an article review is a professional summary and in-depth analysis of an expert’s work.
It is a professional document that involves critical evaluation of another person’s work on the basis of deep comparison and classification. An article review is used for multiple reasons.
A teacher who wants to introduce their students to a new subject might start off by reviewing the work of a notable professional related to that particular subject/field.
Also, a journalist writing a critical review on the published work of a competitor is also a review article example.
Different types of article reviews have different requirements.
It is best that you start writing a review after collecting information about these requirements.
If you are unable to collect enough data or information from your supervisor, then it is best to order an article review sample or complete set of guidelines from EssayLessons’ write my essay service.
Consider Important Points to Write an Article Review:
1. Evaluate and Summarize the essence of the article
2. Point out the strongest arguments you find important
3. Critique contribution of the article in its niche
4. Share personal thoughts and opinion values without more research
There are a few types of article reviews that you must have knowledge about:
Journal Article Review
A journal article analyzes and critiques the pros and cons of a publication.
Here a writer has to provide his personal thoughts on both the strong and weak points of the journal.
Research Article Review
A research article review is altogether different than writing a journal article review.
This type of review is an evaluation of different research methods used in a paper or study.
Science Article Review
A scientific article review provides an analysis of any paper that revolves around the field of science.
This type of article would provide detailed information on the topic of the scientific paper.
How to Write an Article Review Essay?
Writing an article review for the first time can be challenging.
You can order affordable assistance from our essay writing service and get an article review template which would help you complete your essay as fast as possible.
Steps to Start an Article Review Like an Expert!
Follow these steps to start an article review:
1. First, you have to thoroughly read the article and understand its context. Read it multiple times so that you understand it well. Also, highlight the phrases or vocabulary that you don’t understand.
2. Discuss your understanding with your fellow mates and gather multiple opinions on the article.
3. Highlight all important points and sections in the article which you find important. Share your opinion on whether they are contributing to the subject matter or not.
4. Rewrite all key points in your style and try to explain them in a simpler way. It is best to create a structure before writing, as it will help you discuss all important points in your review.
Writing a review is a time taking task, especially if you don’t know how to write a review article.
You have to spend ample time reading the original draft, collecting important points, writing the review, editing, and proofreading your work.
If you don’t have much time, then visit EssayLessons and order a sample example of an article review.
How to Do an Article Review with a Proper format?
Writing an article review can become easy if you follow an outline.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to write an article review quickly. This free guide is derived from EssayLessons’ team of writers.
1. Pre-Writing Stage
The first thing you need to know is what type of article review you have to write.
Knowing this would help you collect important information from the original paper.
Some of the key points to consider in this stage include the following:
- Read the article multiple times and list down all key points, information, observations, and ideas.
- Find out and note all claims that the author has made related to the title of the paper.
- Find out gaps in the article that need to be addressed and also highlight any contradictions that you have found.
- Check if there are any unanswered queries left by the author of the article.
- Evaluate the article title, introduction, headlines, body, and conclusion separately.
After in-depth reading and evaluation, you can start the writing process.
You can also hire professional help from EssayLessons and ask them to do the evaluation on your behalf to save time.
2. Outline of Review Article
A very important stage in article review writing is mapping the structure of your draft.
If you have good knowledge of how to write an essay, then you can easily create an article review by adding some of these core elements:
- Create a pre-title page; here, you will list the details of the article you are reviewing.
- Correspondence details of the author, which would include name, address, contact, etc.
- Create a summary page (optional), which is usually 700-800 words. In summary, you have to explain why the article was written.
- The title page contains around 250 words and four to five keywords.
After writing the title page content, you can formally start the review with a brief introduction.
After the introduction, you have to write down the review body, which must include headings and subheadings.
3. Critique and Conclusions
In the content body of the review, you have to present all the strong points and loopholes you have found in the article.
You have to highlight contradictions, wrong information (if any), personal value, and your opinion in the review.
After completing the content body, you have to craft an interesting conclusion.
You have to give a logical evaluation in the end. If you don’t know how to conclude your review, it is best to check out examples of an article review.
Post Review Writing Process
After reading the previous section, you might have learned important points on how to write review articles.
After writing, a very important stage is proofreading.
You have to make sure that your draft is free of all kinds of human and technical issues.
You have to check the following:
Why Is It Important to Get a Sample of an Article Review?
In this guide, we have explained how to write an article review in detail.
Still, it is very important that you go through a few article review samples produced by a credible article writing service.
Here are a few benefits of checking our relevant review samples before writing:
- Get knowledge about the works of experts in that specific field
- Identify important people involved in the particular niche
- Find advanced discoveries made in the subject/journal
- Find out loopholes in the existing article
- To get a clear idea of how to write an article review without much hassle
There are many more benefits of viewing customized article review samples before you write your own review.
Today you can order affordable samples in the shortest time by using the write my essay service of EssayLessons.